Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The original Van Basten goal

Due to the popular demand from my FIFA Goals of the year post yesterday I've added Two of my favorite goals. One is over 20 years old and the other is when people started to realize Leo Messi was for real.

The first is the classic Marco Van Basten goal from the 1988 European championship tournament. It is THE goal that most volleys are now measured. I know I've chosen Linus Hallenius goal as the 2010 goal of the year, but it's being known as a "Van Basten" goal for a reason. Enjoy the greatness of a man who's career was ended too soon due to injury.



The 2nd is Messi before we really knew what was about to hit us, I believe he was like 18 or 19 at the time and he left poor Getafe in his wake. Truly the modern version of the World Cup 86 Maradona goal against England...Sorry England supporters!



Enjoy,
Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment